The start of the new year provides a bit of a kick up the backside to consider what I got up to last year and how I can make 2012 even better.
The main highlights of my 2011 were:
- The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh coming to open the building where I work
- Family holiday to Dartmouth in Devon
- Had a short break in Scotland to climb Ben Nevis with 9 friends, then had a day in Glasgow
- Got Olympics tickets (finally!)
- Had a week in Albufeira with 8 friends
- Ran for over an hour non-stop
- Went on a camping and surfing weekend to Woolacombe, Devon, with friends
- Visited my friend Cathy in Oxford once, other uni friends in London, my friend Claire in Lampeter (along with a bunch of other friends) and my brother, also in London, several times
- Saw one of my favourite bands, The Civil Wars, in concert at an intimate show in a converted chapel
- Went to a wedding
- Fulfilled a long-held ambition by skydiving
- Got a small promotion at work to a more interesting job.
When it’s written down like that I realise I did quite a lot last year!
I’m looking forward to this year. I’ve got a few things either booked or planned such as: a long weekend in the Brecon Beacons (in a cottage with a hot tub and a pool table) with friends; a visit to London for my Mom’s birthday, which coincides with the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations; hopefully a week spent walking the Hadrian’s Wall National Trail with friends; and attending some basketball and handball events at the Olympic Games. I’m going go-karting for a friend’s birthday in a few weeks and another friend wants to go clay pigeon shooting for her 25th. There are also rumours of a trip to Madrid for another friend’s birthday, so it might be a busy year!