My friends and I tend to go camping once a year for a cheap short break. I’m trying to buy a cheap tent, but there are a lot of things to consider.
- Weight – I’m unlikely to be backpacking with it but it would be nice to have the option.
- 2 person or 3 person – a three person gives a bit more room if you only use it for two, but makes it heavier.
- Flysheet first pitching or inner first – putting the inner up first could be a problem if it’s raining, but apparently these models are more stable.
- Fibreglass or alloy poles – apparently alloys are both stronger and lighter, but all the tents I find that I like are fibreglass poles.
- Tunnel, dome, or semi-geodosic – different tent designs are suitable for different environments and some are more stable than others.
Trying to find the best combination of features for less than £50 is a problem!